Tuesday 5 April 2011

Editing my section

Individually with the big picture of what each of us believed our completed short film should look like began editing the section that we each produced the shot script for. I first opened all the footage of the house scenes in the editing programme pro 11 and arranged them into the order in which the actions should appear in the overall narrative of the film. I spliced the different angled shots of the same actions together to create a sequence that can be seen by various angles providing a greater perception of the movement. I then edited every consecutive shot together adding fades and jump cuts when necessary to allow the footage to continuously flow throughout. The final shot of the clown appearing in the bedroom I included a gradual zoom in from a mid-shot to show a close up of the clowns face. Once I believed I had completed the editing of my section I showed it to the rest of my group to ensure each of us was happy with how the footage appeared collectively. When we have all completed the editing of our individual sections we will begin to create the overall film by adding all sections together and constructing a title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment